Time is something that we all share equally but how we use it is very different….
TIME..is undoubtedly the #1 reason we hear for people not looking after themselves, what makes us good at our job though is that we refuse to accept this EXCUSE…
Effective time management is a powerful tool and today we’re sharing some time efficient tips to help maximise your health & fitness…
Where is your time going?
Completing a time diary/audit may surprise you, Eg. how many minutes/day are you on Social Media or watching TV?
- Turn off social media notifications
- if you sleep 8 hours/night this leaves you 16 hours/day
- an hour workout is 4% of your day, 3 workouts/week is plenty
- the UK government recommend 300 minutes exercise/week, this can be done in as little as 10 minutes chunks when heart rate >60% max
- Plan your week & time ahead, factor in time for food prep & workouts
- cook in bulk and freeze for busy days
- exercise in your lunch break
- prepare your gym kit for lunchtime or a workout on your way home
- active commuting: walk to work or park half way and walk the rest
- Set daily and/or weekly goals
- Be flexible & willing to adapt/change your plans
- have a back up plan
- take the stairs – always!
- Set golden rules – eg. I MUST workout 3x/week, I will only have 2 takeaways/month
- Find sources of inspiration: quotes, videos or idols
- Choose a mantra eg. I’ll feel better if I exercise & eat well
We could continue for a while, but that wouldn’t be time efficient 😉
We’ll leave you by referring to our previous article that looks at setting your priorities, the key point being that your output in life is only increased by prioritising the foundation of everything you do, this being your health.