The arrival of lockdown #3 just after Christmas, in the depths of winter has the potential to see many of us struggle with both our physical and mental health.
It would be easy to retreat to our sofa with our favourite foods & drinks and wait for this chaos to pass. However it is more important than ever that we look after ourselves to:
- protect our mental health
- protect our physical health
- put us in the best health possible just in case we did catch COVID
- not have to play catch up in the spring
- spend lockdown feeling good
With working from home and home schooling many of us are spending all day at home, in front of a screen and by the time we log off the last thing that we want is to exercise…We have some top tips and updates on official guidelines to help you through this lockdown:
- take a lunch break, every day!
- go for a walk before work or during your lunch break
- block out time for wellness in your diary
- track your daily steps
- find something that you enjoy
- plan your meals a week ahead
- make a shopping list & stick to it
- prepare healthy snacks for your day
- identify any barriers getting in your way, how can you address them?
- make time for downtime
- try online classes and YouTube workouts
- set yourself small targets/goals such as only having alcohol at weekends
The guidelines are clear about what we can & can’t do:
- we can meet 1:1 with another house hold for out door exercise (socially distanced)
- public places only, does not include gardens
- we can still employ personal trainers for 1:1 training outdoors (socially distanced)
- we should not do pad work (boxing) with anyone from outside our household
- we can exercise up to every day if we wanted to
We still have lenty of options….The end is near and spring isn’t far away…
It’s up to you, what position do you want to be in coming out of lockdown?